Pandemic: The Cure, a dice-based version of the popular Pandemic board game, sets up in less than a minute and plays in 30 minutes. As in the board game, four diseases threaten the world and it’s up to your team to save humanity.Each player takes on a different role that has its own unique set of dice and abilities — and players must take advantage of their specializations if they are to have any hope of winning the game. Players can roll their dice as often as they like, but the more times they re-roll for the perfect turn, the more likely the next epidemic will occur.
If, at any time, any region is infected with more than three dice of a given color, an outbreak occurs, spreading disease into an adjacent region. If too many outbreaks take place, or the rate of infection gets too high, all the players lose. If, however, the players can discover the cures to the four diseases, they all win and humanity is saved!
How to Play
- Roll your character’s dice.
- Re-roll as many times as you like, except Biohazards, which are frozen once rolled.
- Tick up the infection track for every Biohazard die rolled.
- Spend your dice to do actions: travel, treat, take samples, and a few special role-specific actions.
- If you have samples, roll to find a cure for that virus (must roll 13 or higher).
- Draw a number of dice equal the infection rate from the virus bag, roll ‘em, and place them on the corresponding regions.
- Weep as you realize you have no hope of saving the world.